50 Heads of HR
from leading Asian and global companies
20 Heads of Executive Education
from top business school
Mission: To recognise achievements and elevate organisational, leadership and people development.
Since 2017, MERIT has been providing a unique forum for HR and L&D directors of international companies from different industries and executive education leaders. Further to our mission to empower people and organisations and elevate the state of corporate learning “The MERITS” have been designed to award impactful transformational initiatives.
• GAIN RECOGNITION in an international community of HR/L&D and higher education leaders
• GROW YOUR NETWORK connecting with executives and experts from different countries
• BENCHMARK - share your insights into best practices and learn from fellow professionals
• CELEBRATE your achievements and boost your team’s motivation
• RECEIVE FEEDBACK and valuable recommendations from the judging committee
• ENHANCE YOUR COMPANY PROFILE with free marketing and PR exposure
Who can participate:
HR, Talent, L&D, and Executive Education professionals, alone or together with partner organisations such as consultancies, and learning providers.
“We received very valuable feedback from the judging committee on our program and how to present it. This helped to make the next iteration of the top talent program more effective.”
Jerry Pico, Daiichi Sankyo
“It was a very well organized summit at a great location, both Lisbon and our and host NOVA Business School were amazing. The list of topics selected and people attending the summit were quite inspiring and led to lots of networking and side chats.”
Yannis Koutroulis, Deutsche Telekom
„We learn so much from gathering with others passionate about education – the MERITS Awards energized me for the future.“
Mary Carey, INSEAD
How to participate:
You can submit your best initiatives in the following areas:
• Organisational Development
• Leadership Development
• People Development
• Innovation in Higher Education
There will be several award categories in each area, taking into consideration:
• The organisation type and size (e.g. SME or Large);
• The geographical outreach of the initiative – local, regional, global;
* The organisers and judging panel reserve their right to assign or reassign your project to a category based on their interpretation of your project's goals and strengths.
The MERITS Awards were launched in 2021 to recognise and celebrate achievements in leadership, organisational and people development, as well as innovation in the higher education sector. Organisations from around the world submitted their case studies, which were assessed by a jury of peers, executive education leaders and experts and presented at the summit. We could not have been more excited to honour the teams behind such impactful initiatives for their inventiveness and perseverance during these dynamic times.
The MERITS 2021 Winners
Leadership Development Global: Novartis for The Unbossed Leadership Experience
Leadership Development Europe: Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. for European Top Talent Programme
Virtual Leadership Development: Thales for Digital Development Center
Leadership Development Corporate Academy: Vetropack for Vetrocademy Leadership Development Programme
People Development: LinkedIn for The Business Leadership Programme
Organisational Development – Europe: Deutsche Telekom for Digital Escape Rooms
Organisational Development – Asia: Omega Healthcare Management Services, India for Human Potential Based Restructuring
Innovation in Higher Education: INSEAD Executive Education for Catalysing Leadership in a Digital World
The review of your application will be based on four main criteria – the 4 “I”s:
• Ideation – needs analysis, approach, design;
• Implementation – stakeholder buy-in, engagement;
• Impact – on the organisation, its people and the outside world;
• Innovation – introduction of new ideas, methodology, or technology.
End of application process
Evaluation of the applications
Notification of shortlisted contestants
The MERITS Summit & Awards: Presentation and discussion of the case studies
The jury consists of MERIT Leadership Community members, executive education leaders, and experts.
Speakers Madrid , June 2022
Submission is free. Selected entries are expected to attend the summit and do a short presentation of their initiative in the form of a case study. All applicants will be expected to book a ticket to the conference, or to have secured the ticket of a delegate representing them in lieu, before receiving eligibility for a showcase presentation.