DANGEROUS HALF-TRUTHS ABOUT FEEDBACK AND PERFORMANCE
In this thought-provoking talk, Dr. Róbert Dobay will share new insights from his research and his upcoming book.
Róbert will challenge dearly held truths about feedback, as well as some new trends. Distinguishing best practices that work from the ones that don’t, he will show how we can use feedback to actually improve performance.
The talk will address the following beliefs:
• Performance appraisals are the place where managers give feedback to employees in the hope that it drives performance. Are we sure?
• Experts say people, especially millennials need feedback at work. Do they really?
• Managers are in the best position to reliably judge performance. Are they?
• Punishment and reward are efficient tools to motivate people. What if there are better ways?
• 360-degree feedback shows the real picture about performance. Whose picture is it, anyway?