People analytics is a data-driven approach to managing people-related issues, such as recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job design, diversity, compensation, and collaboration. This session is an introduction to the fundamentals of people analytics and is intended to demonstrate how to enhance your company’s talent management decisions. As we look ahead to our post-Covid environment, an array of analytical techniques will be discussed including social network analysis, natural language processing, and machine learning. You will learn more about topics such as:
- Data sources and quality trade-offs
- Descriptive Analytics (i.e. what is happening in the organisation now)
- Predictive Analytics (i.e. what is likely to happen in the future, based on extrapolation of past data)
- Prescriptive/ Prototyping Analytics (i.e. what is likely to work based on pilot tests).
- Model Scepticism: Causality & Assumptions